Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bigphilw
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Youview+ (Humax DTRT2100) ITV HUB error “where’s my show.”

Go to solution

Just installed Youview+ box. Tried to use ITV Hub. Went through procedure on screen, (ITV.COM/hub/pair etc. Entered the code on screen). My name came up on tv screen with welcome message. Selected my prog, pressed play, adverts came on, I even got a few seconds of the program, then... “where’s my show message”.

I have ITV hub on my tv, so switched to tv and used ITV hub installed on tv, all ok.

Ergo, the version of ITV hub installed on the Humax is sub-standard, or more precisely not fit for purpose.

Anyone managed to get a fix.? Note, I did go into ITV hub settings on the Humax and did a reset. This took me through all the setup routine, but didn’t fix anything.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Bigphilw
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Youview+ (Humax DTRT2100) ITV HUB error “where’s my show.”

Go to solution

Update.. had a reply from ITV who gave me a reset data for ITV Hub which did nothing. But they did say to check MY5 etc. It turns out that BBC iplayer is the only mainstream app which works. BT Youview clearly isn’t fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Bigphilw  You mention that you recently installed the Youview box ?

Is this a brand new box supplied as part of a BT TV contract or a previously used box ?

Did you  go though the full  Youview set up process , involving a tuning of the channels ?

do you have the aerial plugged in and do you receive the  live ITV ch 3/103 on your Youview box ?

Are you using a VPN ?

if on the Youview box you go   Youview , Settings, Software Information  have you tried Update Software and Update Players and Apps ?

0 Ratings
Bigphilw
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Purchased Amazon as used. Yes, set up new tuning, and yes, 103 is ITV HD, software update says last checked today (set to update automatically). 

Guess you’re about to say I’ve bought a duffer. 

Interesting that the only failing apps are those which have mandatory adverts before the program. There’s an app which gives Knowledge channel, and the works.

P

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying @Bigphilw

If there are no recordings that are important to you on the Youview box then because it was previously used I would be inclined to perform a full factory reset either from the Youview settings menu or using the youview maintenance mode from the buttons on top of the youview box. 
if you wish to preserve  your existing recordings then there  are less drastic maintenance mode options using the buttons on the set top box that preserve recordings but they would not do as complete a reset. 

Youview do still have their community forum and a twitter support account that you could contact. 

0 Ratings
Bigphilw
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Well done Zulu.. factory reset has done the trick. Now able to go back on guide and invoke ITV player and see the program. 

Many thanks.. case closed.

0 Ratings