Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softsorter
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT Youview Issue / Mod Help

Go to solution

I got my Youview box and my connection date was today, and the extra channels package appeared up in the 500s, connected and went through setup and if I select BT Sport 1 on 507 it connects and then runs ok for maybe 1-2mins then freezes, black screen and wait 10secs comes back on again, this goes on and on to make it unwatchable.

I have been on the phone to the help desk

we have done a speed test 37.59mbps down, 8mbps up and 29ms ping

I have only just taken up BT TV the Infinity has been here nearly 2 years, and thats been rock solid, it streams BBCi Player, Youtube and the other services perfectly.

The Youview box is connected by home plugs, these were changed for a Cat5/6 cable hard wired (my cable and the 10m one thats supplied) into the gigabyte port 4 on my homehub 3, and its exactly the same hard wired and via the plugs.

I have been on the phone all afternoon we have run tests on the broadband line,which showed no faults and I have no issues accessing the internet, or streaming music and videos.

I have switched the youview box on and off and the power switch at the back no different, we have reset the box twice went through all the setup again, updated the software and rescanned all to no avail!

I got told by India Technical to give it a couple of days, which I feel was a fob off to get me off the line.

Can a Mod please read and offer some light at the end of it, but reading the posts here I'm not alone on this problem with the extra channels

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Youview Issue / Mod Help

Go to solution

I'm inclined to agree with the advice you've been given to wait a few days.

From what I remember with my set up BT Sport was fully available a few days after my BT TV/YouView live date.

If after a couple of days nothing has improved it could be an issue with the HH3 as you've not used the multicast functionality before getting access to the IP TV channels.

You could also try switching to another port on the HH3.

Highlighted
softsorter
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Having spoken to several people and being passed from India the techanical department back to options and back to India and back to options they agreed I need to try a HH5, I was then told I would have to pay for  one!  I'm in the 14 day coling off period of my new contract ? but Claire sorted one out form me, so well see how thaat goes come Tuesday.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
I have HH 3 and all IPTV channels work. I think there is another problem here.

Stew
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Im the same. I have the Home Hub 3 and the IPTV TV entertanment package plus HD extra and all works fine.

I also have the BT film/TV box sets and that also works.

Im also getting speeds of between 66.5mb and 73mb 97%/98% of the time.

Darren

0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

My HH3 is stuck it seems on 2012 firmware and it wont keep the wifi up blue light keeps going on/off at random times so something is amiss with it ?

0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Been into My Bt and this is what it says under TV

We can't find your TV plan details

View Your Bill To see what TV option you are on

nothing shown on View Your bill?

0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Are there no Mods about to comment? have sent a PM to a couple, I understand they give up a fair bit of spare time to come here, so many thanks in advance.

I cant see where mod contact is when clicking the Mods user name which is why I sent 2 PMs

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

In your earlier post you said that you were being sent a  new Home Hub  (arrival Tuesday) ... Is that still the case ?

0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Seems to be the case, but others here have HH3 working fine ? should be here tomorrow even though I got a text from BT this morning saying delivery Monday 7-6pm, maybe snow disrupted delivery

0 Ratings