Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softsorter
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Youview Issue / Mod Help

Go to solution

New HH5 arrived about a hour ago, plugged it it and no more issues, so my HH3 had issues doing IPTV channels like BT Sport1/2 and the rest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Good - it does sound like suuport dianosed your existing Homehub as a possible cause of the problem and sensibly changed it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
softsorter
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Support at India was a nightmare, I had to fight tooth and nail to  get a HH5 and threatned to pull out of my new order in the cooling off 14 day period.

In my experiences having to deal with the Indian  Call Centres is ruining what BT is trying to do with their customers, they need to stop using cheap labour  to keep the fat cats happey in cigars

0 Ratings
Steedane
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

I agree with that. I had someone guarantee me that doing a reset and software update would fix my youview box. It was one month old today. One month - how out of date could it possibly be? I kept saying I'd checked the settings and I knew there was no updates available.

Poss not the forum for this I've only BT TV for a month, it's been a nightmare - my youview box freezes 6-7 times a night, channels drop in and out, apps work 50% of the time, recordings work half the time, sometimes when watching recordings it just fast forwards to the end randomly over and over again, it's terrible.  I want to go back to sky tv, just for the hardware - it's so much more reliable, I've done more resets in a month with youview than I did with my sky+ box in 9 years. Do you think BT will waive my committment to the tv if I keep phone and internet with them?

0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Not sure they will release you from it ?

Is your box one of the newer ones like they sent me http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/news/2014/02/bt-youview-plus-box-250214

0 Ratings
Sturdy1244
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Having similar problems for the last 8 weeks. Had 2 visits from engineer and now on 3rd box. Apparently BT are using refurbished boxes which are rubbish.

0 Ratings