Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Youview Ultra HD DTR4000 query

Go to solution

Hi im new to the forum but i am havings some minor problems and think my faulty ultra youview box.

My youview DTR2100 box became faulty, it kept turning itself off and not powering on some days so after reading the forums I decided to purchase the ultra HD DTR 4000 box which is run via the HH5 Type A via ethernet 10M cable supplied.  Since installing the Youview box keeps loses connection to the router (homehub5 type A) then it would reconnect and this would bring up yvw102 also. I keept having to unplug and replug in the ethernet cable for it to work.  it works for a few hours the loses connection.  I noticed the box gets hot also.  Not sure if this something to worry about.  But its got worse i have replaced the Lan cable and spoken to technical on the phone for over 6 hours in total now. every other item connected to my internet works perfect and i have atleast a 60mb connection. I managed to borrow a youview dtr2100 box from a friend of the family for 3 days i had it installed it worked perfect.

Is this issue a common with the DTR4000? if so should ditch this box and go back with the DTR2100.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Youview Ultra HD DTR4000 query

Go to solution

@j0nezjm76uk wrote:

Is this issue a common with the DTR4000?.

No. Mine works flawlessly. Are you sure the issue isn't your hub?

0 Ratings
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
thanks for the reply. could be, ive checked the basics by different lan ports on the hub and get the same results. any advice on other checks i could make?
0 Ratings
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

thanks for the reply. could be, ive checked the basics by using the different lan ports on the hub and get the same results. any advice on any other settings to check on the hub?

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Can I just check that you have gone through these steps:

https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/resolution-for-YVM102-1370338045715

Also can you put your number in here and post the results but do not post your number:

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Rarmitage124

Yes I can confirm that I have gone through the link below in your post.

speedtest results are d/l = 66MB u/l 19mb

0 Ratings
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Hi just to let you know it appears the hh5 become faulty i changed this to a bt smart hub and it appears to have fixed the issue. Thanks all your helps
0 Ratings