Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dada_bear
Beginner
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Youview box and Humax PVR controller clash

Go to solution

I have one of the basic Yourview boxes with BT TV Starter pack ( ie no record facility) I tried your fix using various numbers from 1-6 on my Humax HDR T2 PVR to no avail. The only way I can stop the YouView box from launching at the same time as the PVR is to keep it in LOW Eco-mode, something I didn't really want to do as the box stays on quite warm. One can only wonder at the mindset of the engineers at HUMAX. Sigh!

0 Ratings
JCHC001
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution
Thanks....solved a potential deal breaker for me having BT Sport. Domestic bliss restored and all devices working independently with their own remotes.
tavira03
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Many thanks zulu17 sorted in 30 secs !!!!  i was on the phone to BT tech. dept. they had no answer to the problem i think you should work for BT !! you are a star

0 Ratings
solpuerto
Beginner
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Many thanks again zulu 17, solved the problem created by having 2 hand controls with the same code. Set my Freesat Humax control to 3 and now back to where I was before I received the upgrade to the Youview box. Spoke to BT tech support and received no meaningful solution other than they sent a new box.

BT tech support should read this forum to find solutions to their users problems.

0 Ratings
shutchone
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution
Cheers zulu17 solved my problem, because up until now I kept just switching my youview box off with the back switch.
0 Ratings
Nodzone
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

many thanks, very helpful

0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Hi dada_bear ; I too had the same setup as you, and can confirm that this method works.  It sounds like you didn't change the IR channel of the Humax succesfully, so go through that procedure again.

Incidentally, I use a Harmony touch to control my whole system, and it was also easy to alter the IR channel in that too.

0 Ratings
Mp1
Beginner
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution
Hi When I tried to go through your instructions, the message didn't come up on the screen. Please help. Thanks
0 Ratings
Mp1
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution
Hi I followed your instructions, but the message didn't appear on the screen. I tried it a few times, but no message do I pressed 2 and now through my fault it doesn't operate at all. Please help 😐
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@Mp1 so your situation seems to be:

BT Youview box With a BT Youview remote control

Other Humax box with its own remote control. What Humax model is this other PVR ?

Given that the instructions related to the other Humax box and its own remote control any changes that you have introduced either intentionally or unintentionally should  apply to that other Humax box and its remote control. So your Youview box should continue to respond to its own remote control.  Are you saying that this does not now occur?

0 Ratings