cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Margaret4
Beginner
Message 1 of 40

BT Youview box and Prime video app

An intriguing and seemingly illogical problem with Prime video app on a brand new BT Youview box.  Subscribed to prime to watch tennis and the Youview box plays live matches and highlights.  However with replays a message appears saying low bandwidth and it won't play.  Broadband speed is 36mbps and replays play perfectly well on a smart tv using this broadband.  Other programmes supplied by prime video play OK and it just seems to be the tennis replays.  BT box shows latest update version. 

Could the problem be a faulty app?  Should I return the BT Youview box?

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 40

Re: BT Youview box and Prime video app

Hi @Margaret4  can you confirm which Youview box model you are watching on ?

0 Ratings
Margaret4
Beginner
Message 3 of 40

DTR-T2100
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 40

Thank you hopefully someone with a  similar box and a Amazon subscription  can confirm that they too get a similar experience .

I suspect that  the Insufficient Bandwidth error reported by the Amazon player in this case is an incorrect error description and is masking the real cause that the full match replays are not playing on the Youview Prime video app.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 40

Hi @Margaret4 ,

This error has been raised before, try the solutions suggested in this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-YouView-box-app-showing-but-not-enough-band-width/td-...

If you have a smart TV I would download the Prime app and run it from there, it works far better in my experience.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 40

@Andy005  Are you able to play the content that @Margaret4  is unable to on your Youview Prime Video Player ?

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 40

Hi @zulu17 I've tried to watch the Coric v Federer match replay on my T4000 and I get the 'insufficient bandwidth'  error as well.

However, I can watch it without problems with the app on my Samsung TV, which is over wifi so it's nothing to do with bandwidth, or the actual content itself I would have thought. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 40

Thank you  @Andy005  for confirming.

My speculative opinion is that the content is not being accessed successfully within the expected timeframe and a  overused  error display blaming it on bandwidth is being displayed.

my impression is  that the problem appeared to be consistent in occurring on the match replays but that the live content and the day highlights programme play normally. I suspect it is  a on demand Programme data problem and that the match replay programmes (that clearly exist as they are accessible on other devices)  are not being found when selected on Youview.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 40

To answer @Margaret4  Original question  .. it is not a faulty Youview box as the issue is easily repeartable on other boxes  (adssuming you have a an amazon prime subscription).

As the Prime Video Player works successfully for other similar content that does suggest a data error somewhere and an unfortunate use of a catchall error message .

I will alert the forum mods  as given it looks like  a misleading error reported the normal support advice will not clear the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 40

Hi @Margaret4 ,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to watch the match replays. I've highlight this to my colleagues in the BT TV team and I'll post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings