cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Youview box - stuck in maintenance mode - reset lost recordings

Go to solution

Found my BT Youview box in maintenance mode this morning (model DTRT4000) listing a number of options to select.

Attempted Option Factory Reset , keep recordings (recommended) and this resulted in returning back to the option list.

I then selected Internet / USB recovery, keep recordings and this restarted the box and went through a complete start up successfully BUT deleted all my recordings!!

Can this be explained?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Youview box - stuck in maintenance mode - reset lost recordings

Go to solution

Hi @dhupton ,

From the sequence of events you describe it seems

Your box was unable to successfully load the BT TV/Youview  software  from the box hard drive and so put the box into maintenance mode.

You opted to Factory Rest (keep recordings) which would attempt to load the second software image from a different area of the box hard drive.  That also was unsuccessful.

You then opted to get a fresh version of the software from the BT/Youview servers which seems to have downloaded a working version of the software.As you opted for keeping recordings option , you would expect them not to be deleted. This suggests that the recordings were already lost.

Given that the neither the current software nor the second software images on the box Hard Drive could be loaded it  seems likely that the problem was with corruption  of the Hard Drive which it all likiehood would have affected the recordings.

So why did the original problem occur ?

Were there any power failures or powering off of the box when in use ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the response.

The problem occurred first thing this morning (overnight). All recordings were available last night and I had watched a film recording before turning off the TV/BT as normal. Very frustrating as I had a number of recordings yet to be watched. Space on the box was not an issue as there was about 30% free.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @dhupton 

With no  specific event occuring that points to triggering the problem I fear there is a real risk that it might occur again in the future.

However the maintenance mode appears to have now got the box back into a functioning state so I doubt that BT will replace the box at this stage.