Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bilwardo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Youview box unresponsive

Go to solution

After watching program on Eurosport 1.. the program was non responsive in any way with the remote control. The picture carried on to next program, but I could not stop it. I eventually just switched the box off and retired for the night....

Can anyone advise what I can look for, please.. thanks for reading, Bilwardo

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Youview box unresponsive

Go to solution

I had this last night when I had left the box on BT Sport.  I had changed to watching normal broadcast using the TV tuner, then after a while thought I should put the box in standby, but it would not respond to the remote. 

When I switched to the HDMI for the YouView box it was showing the getting ready screen with the BT Sport audio still going. 

I had to perform a 'soft reset' - hold the on/off switch on the front for 8 seconds to get it back to normal function.

0 Ratings
bilwardo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: Thanks - - - BT Youview box unresponsive

Go to solution

Hi f1 Charlie,

Thanks for the info and advice, it is much appreciated.

It appears from what you say, and what I have read on other 'feed backs' that this 'soft reset' seems to be quite common and necessary with the BT Vision youview box.... a little frustrating (after having SKY)

Something else that is strange, and I have spoken to BT Tech guys, is that there is not a proper 'headphone' jack plug on the youview box where one can plug in the headphone and turn off the TV sound - enabling me to watch and listen to TV without disrupting the household - when watching motor sport and Dakar late at night. SKY had this feature which was great.

Cheers,

Bilwardo

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Do you mean Red/White RCA/Phono jacks?

Surely your TV has a 3.5mm headphone jack or RCA/phono jacks. The YouView box has no analogue outputs which IMO is a good thing.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Both my Youview boxes, BT and Humax retail have RCA sockets - I recorded from both of them to my laptop yesterday.

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@bilwardo wrote:

It appears from what you say, and what I have read on other 'feed backs' that this 'soft reset' seems to be quite common and necessary with the BT Vision youview box.... a little frustrating (after having SKY)

I had to perform a soft reboot/reset lagain ast night after the hub received a firmware update.  I can accept that sort of occurrence, although it would be nice if it could all be done without my intervention!

I've only had Infinity for just over a week and been using the YouView box for two weeks - with one unexplained need to reset the box and several failed recordings I am wondering whether I made the right choice! 

Hopefully things will settle down and all will work smoothly.

0 Ratings
bilwardo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the tips, I have found them and will do some trials today.
0 Ratings
bilwardo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the advice, I will do some trials and sort it out.
0 Ratings