Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
marshy11
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Youview box won't wake up

I was watching TV this morning and the picture flickered and then went off completely.  The BT box was showing blue but there is nothing on the screen.  Checked on another TV and the same.  

I have turned it off and it comes on to say "waking up" then goes off and back on.  The blue light is on the box but there is nothing on the TV.

I've tried to follow the instructions for a factory reset but it doesn't want to do anything than give me  the "waking up" message and then it goes off, comes on (nothing on screen) and turns blue.  

Does anyone have any suggestions.  My contract is up in a month so I'm unsure what I need to be doing. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Youview box won't wake up

Hi @marshy11  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are having this issue with the BTTV box. Have you tried to reset in maintenance mode? If not please follow the instructions for your box and post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
marshy11
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you.  Yes I have done that.

I turn the box off, wait 1 minute and turn it on and press the down arrow.  The blue light comes on the TV picture shows "waking up" and the box goes off.  1 minute or so later it comes on with the blue light but there is nothing on the TV picture. 

0 Ratings
jimferno
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

We have been through two BT Youview UHD boxes which start displaying these symptoms, we are currently on our third box.

Our previous two boxes started failing recordings and failing to wake from sleep, the problem only rectified by a hard reset. It starts as a once weekly inconvenience but becomes a daily chore as the freezes become more frequent. Eventually the boxes lock up entirely, even after resets from maintenance mode options, and you will need a replacement.

It's my uneducated guess that the HDDs fail after a certain length of time.

Give BT a call, they generally don't like sending boxes out and will force an engineer visit and threaten to charge you if no fault is found but I've had two faulty boxes replaced that suffered from this.

0 Ratings
marshy11
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thank you.

I won't have an engineer forced on  me....they can supply a new box or a I will go elsewhere.  Contract is nearly up anyhow. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @marshy11  thanks for getting back to me and confirming you have tried the maintenance mode reset.  We will be happy to help you with this and I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings