cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
westjones
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Youview dropping connection

I’ve seen a few posts about this, but no real solution. So, here goes...

I’ve used a BT Youview box for several years without an issue until the last couple of weeks. Whilst watching TV a message pops up to say broadband could not be detected with an error code of YVM102. Then when using on demand apps, such as iPlayer or Netflix, programmes would freeze. Sometimes they start again, but mainly they don’t.

There isn’t a problem with broadband, as other devices are connected at the same time and don’t lose connection.

I have tried restarting the box, the hub and the BT Broadband Flex 500 extenders (both are plugged directly into a wall socket). I’ve also replaced the Ethernet cables to no avail.

Please can anyone help before I junk this!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Youview dropping connection

Welcome to this user forum. @westjones 

It could be the broadband extenders. You need to try it with a direct Ethernet cable to prove it.

You could also try resetting the extenders.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10666/%7E/i-have-a-problem-with-my-powerline-adapters...

The BT approved broadband extenders for BT YouView are the mini connectors.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/How-to-connect-YouView-Box-when-hub-in-another-room/m-p/...

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 3 of 5

@westjones 

Are you able to connect a laptop to the PLA that feeds your Youview box & see if it can connect to the internet?

When you say "restarting the box" is that by just powering it off or by a maintenance mode reset? If the former try a mode 2 or 4 reset and if you're unsure how to do that here's a link to help:- Maintenance Mode Reset

0 Ratings
westjones
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have done a maintenance mode reset, however, it’s clearly the extenders that are the problem. The green lights are regularly turning off and on. I have tried resetting them using the online instructions, but alas to no avail.

I’m not sure what you mean by connecting a laptop to the PLA. Do you mean the Youview box (BT DTR-T2100) or the BT Hub router?
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 5

Hi @westjones and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're having problems with your youview dropping the connection.The PLA @TimCurtis has mentioned are Power Line Adaptors. It looks like you've solved the problem  yourself. Have you tried replacing the extenders? Can you post back and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings