Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Johnwd
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Youview series record saving multiple copies

Go to solution

Sometime in the last 7 days we have started getting multiple copies of the program neighbours (ch 5 lunchtime, evening, 5star).  The box says we have version 29.58.0 but I cannot see when that update was installed.  Is this a known bug?

is there a workaround to record a single event on multiple days?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Youview series record saving multiple copies

Go to solution

This can happen, and has happened for a long time, if the box thinks it's not recorded the first recording correctly. With the current failed recordings saga this can be very handy for programmes like Home&Away & Neighbours, but when they haven't actually failed it can be somewhat annoying.

0 Ratings
Johnwd
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for your suggestion.   It seems odd that it has been fine for months and only one of our recorded programmes is now affected.   It is more than annoying because the extra unexpected recordings interfere with our other schedule without warning.

ive resorted to manually programming each event but that isn't a long term solution as I'd need to do so every week.  i have to say that this version of the sw is very poor.  The previous menu and text font was much better but i gather i cannot go back once upgraded.    it seems odd that Humax chose not to use their pvr menu system when they produced the BT box.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Humax were not involved in the design of Youview , they merely provide some of the hardware. Note that TalkTalk's version of Youview & obviously the Sony version use different hardware.

0 Ratings
Johnwd
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you. I hadn't realised the software was the same across all the manufacturers.  

0 Ratings