cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanburles185
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT and You View

If you are already a subscriber to BT Vision subscribing to You View is a waste of money. The only extra is HD channels and the ability to go back in time on the programme menu.

Talk Talk has the ability to offer all Sky Sports channels, ESPN, Now TV and Pay On Demand Film Suppliers.

As usual BT is falling behind with being able to offer the same content as their main rivals, i.e. Sky, Virgin TalkTalk.

The Chief Executive of BT Vision obviously has his head in the sand if he believes new customers are going to join BT to buy an inferior service which is now years behind all others in the field.

When I we going to see some action on supplying a service such as HD, 3D, Multiroom. I guess a long time in the future.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT and You View

@alanburles185

What a totally uninformed opinion. Please check your facts before throwing around such lofty, negative, untrue comments.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Mattyjoyce
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

although BT are a little behind they are not quite as bad uo I make out, and talk talk ? good lord they are the worst company for dealing with customers apart from Tiscali, and strangely they bought them out.

although Virgin are good my 2 brothers always have big lag issues when playing online, even with their 50mb bb, they are not that good. 

sky ? A shrinking company with less rights to sports each year, luckily. 

Bt for me has always had great customer service, yes their tv service needs updating but it isn't that bad 

0 Ratings
jlh478
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

@masona2 wrote:

@alanburles185

What a totally uninformed opinion. Please check your facts before throwing around such lofty, negative, untrue comments.

What has alanburles185 got wrong?

I don't think it is up to members here to tell him what he can post either. There are currently a lot of negatives about BT Vision.

0 Ratings
jlh478
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 13

Personally, I am just completely confused about which services BT will be offering on which boxes over which broadband services. 

Can anyone tell us definitively what BT will offer, for example, to an ADSL customer with a Humax youview box?

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

@alanburles185 wrote:

If you are already a subscriber to BT Vision subscribing to You View is a waste of money. The only extra is HD channels and the ability to go back in time on the programme menu.

Talk Talk has the ability to offer all Sky Sports channels, ESPN, Now TV and Pay On Demand Film Suppliers.

As usual BT is falling behind with being able to offer the same content as their main rivals, i.e. Sky, Virgin TalkTalk.

The Chief Executive of BT Vision obviously has his head in the sand if he believes new customers are going to join BT to buy an inferior service which is now years behind all others in the field.

When I we going to see some action on supplying a service such as HD, 3D, Multiroom. I guess a long time in the future.

Welcome to the forum alanburles185. Please ignore the self-proclaimed post police.

It is very unclear what benefit, if any, Youview has over BT Vision. But the SSports omission does seem quite a deal breaker for many. Yet BT Vision aren't accepting new SSports customers. Very strange.

However BT Vision is an excellent platform. It's new incarnation, BT Vision 2, is currently having some serious teething issues. But once they've sorted those out it could get even better than the BT Vision 1 service which does HD and 3D today, just not Freeview HD (all 4 channels!).

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 7 of 13

I'm not sure what if anything Alan has got wrong but I do agree Youview seems rather pointless at least as it currently stands - 4 HD channels + EPG scrollback & no Skysports/ESPN.

However, I presume that the Sky channels and/or a BT Sports channel will become available later though as will other content so it may well be a worthy successor to BT Vision in the future - how well it does will depend on how long we have to wait I guess ...

I too wouldn't touch Talk Talk with a very long barge pole  - mother & father in-law had so much trouble with their BB, I suggested they move to BT who immediately resolved their problems & the service has been faultless since.

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

ok, so what has alanburies185 got wrong,can we get sky sports 1/2 espn now tv etc or not, on youview on adsl.

0 Ratings
jlh478
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

@minusdot wrote:

@alanburles185 wrote:

Welcome to the forum alanburles185. Please ignore the self-proclaimed post police.

It is very unclear what benefit, if any, Youview has over BT Vision. But the SSports omission does seem quite a deal breaker for many. Yet BT Vision aren't accepting new SSports customers. Very strange.

However BT Vision is an excellent platform. It's new incarnation, BT Vision 2, is currently having some serious teething issues. But once they've sorted those out it could get even better than the BT Vision 1 service which does HD and 3D today, just not Freeview HD (all 4 channels!).

I find this forum pretty intimidating actually. It is like we daren't post anything negative.

0 Ratings
swedish_cook
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

@bobjob wrote:

ok, so what has alanburies185 got wrong,can we get sky sports 1/2 espn now tv etc or not, on youview on adsl.

You can if you are a TT customer. BT are working on this, until they get it working they are going to have trouble converting existing Vision users.

0 Ratings