cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT box freezes just after YouView startup

Go to solution

Have been having recordings randomly failing. Others only record the last few minutes of a programme.

So I decided to try first switching off and then on. On restarting screen went black and lights went off just after the comment about using Smart Mode.

So tried a factory reset. Exactly the same result.

Any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT box freezes just after YouView startup

Go to solution

Hi @peterthebike, welcome to the forum and sorry that you're having trouble with your BT TV box.

Which box do you have? BT TV boxes | Compare the different boxes we offer | BT Help

Did you leave it switched off for a few minutes before you switched it back on?
Have you tried this again after getting stuck on the factory reset?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 ,

I have the 4K UHD box.

It was left off overnight and still had the same result (reset was done yesterday).

tv.jpg

You can just about see the text on the image above (excuse the idiot taking the photo and my wife in the doorway!😀). As I said earlier after this the screen goes black and the lights go off on the box.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @peterthebike, thanks for getting back to me. 

It sounds like you may need the box replaced. You can call us on 0330 1234 150  and speak with out TV team who check it out. If you're not in rush I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you but it may take a few days for us to get back to you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi

I am having exactly the same issue as @peterthebike.

Things started going wrong a couple of weeks ago when recordings would freeze or skip parts of the programme. Other scheduled recordings would only partially record. Yesterday evening we were watching a recording and the box just froze/went blank. Rebooting does not work, even after disconnecting the power supply. I have gone into maintenance mode and done a few software resets and a factory resets (keep recordings), both of which haven't solved the problem either. I sometimes get beyond the screen shown in the @peterthebike photo, with the screen briefly showing "loading" then I get a message from my TV saying "connection/signal lost", no lights on BT box and the remote does not do anything. There are lots of recordings on the box that I'm hoping have not been lost.

Just spoke with the help team and conclusion is the hard drive has failed - all recordings lost! New box on it's way.

0 Ratings