cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT box replacement

My BT Youview - last gen- box seems to be failing.  Slow response to remote and frequently freezing/ crashing, particularly on players.

Deleted majority of recordings to free up hard drive space, factory reset box and reset remote control.  Problem is worsening.

Do I need to order a replacement through BT or can I just buy a Youview Box.  I don’t subscribe to any BT channels and can access players through Amazon.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT box replacement

If you have an active BT TV subscription, BT support will replace faulty boxes, if you don't then BT won't offer any support, you'll have to purchase your own.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks.  Any pointers on how to get a new device.  Website awful and contacting customer services is like entering 9th circle of hell chatting to a bot.  

alternatively can I just buy a Youview box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

0800 800 150 or 150 from a BT landline

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Buy a retail BT Youview box of Amazon if you dont want to have BT TV but I would not wait to long as Youview stopped selling retail boxes earlier this year and  the ones Amazon have in stock once they sell out they are very unlikely to get anymore back in stock.

Only other option is look at a Freeview Play recorder box that has all the main apps but not sure if it if it has the likes of the free CBS catch up service or Now TV app.

Darren

0 Ratings