cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT pro box

I have had an old YouView tv box and recently decided to upgrade to one of the secondhand  Bt pro tv box from eBay, for the extra storage and ability to record more channels at once, however, we have recently moved house and our broadband provider is no longer Bt ( now with Virgin).  I have tried to connect the pro box to my tv, but I am just not getting anything coming through the hdmi cable to my tv from the box in terms of freeview programmes.  Do these new boxes not work like the old ones with just a free view aerial and broadband connection?.  I have tried a factory reset, and updating the software, but the box just doesn’t to want to do anything, so I am wondering whether I have been sold a dud box, or if these newer boxes will only work with a Bt router and subscription to bt tv  even thought I just want to watch the free view channels and none of the extra bt tv programmes.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT pro box

It should work just fine as a Freeview/Youview PVR without a BTTV subscription. Are you getting nothing at all on the screen or just no TV channels? Once reset, the box should guide you through setup, including scanning for channels.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi

when I first plugged it in and connected it to the tv it started to boot up, then I just get a blank screen.  I have tried resetting the box, by disconnecting it from the mains, and then holding the reset button in and putting the power cable back in, and then I get a screen which has 5 options showing software update and factory reset options, I have tried all of these, and the box looks like it is starting to boot up with a purple screen showing bt pro on it, but then after a minute or so it just goes back to a blank screen on the tv.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I've seen a few listed on Ebay as faulty with those symptoms. If it's the same with another HDMI cable plugged into another port on the TV, then it sounds very much like it's faulty I'm afraid. There are suggestions that the box doesn't like a strong aerial signal, so it may be worth unplugging the aerial, carrying out another reset & see if it gets any further.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Ok thanks I will give that a try
0 Ratings