cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT remote control

Sorry if it’s the wrong place to post this,having big problem with the youview remote 2nd one with in 6 weeks......what can I say it’s a complete piece of rubbish slow to respond pressing the buttons nothing happens only received the 2nd remote this Thursday worked great for 2 days now behaving like the first remote is there an alternative remote I can use with the BT TV,many thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT remote control

This may appear an odd question but do you have problems with the remote when the tv is off? Eg when the tv is off is the standby  responsive and not when on?

i had a similar problem which is that my tv interferes with the remote as it must generate some infrared interference. A piece of paper over the sensor on the bt box sorted it for me.

there is loads of similar reports about set top boxes and interference with remotes on the internet. Might not be the same issue but worth investigating. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 9

As you sure the remote is the issue and not the box itself?
As said above - it may be neither but a third party problem.
---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 9

As others have said it could be the TV interfering with the Youview remote. Some cheaper electronic goods save cost by not having the full I.R. receiver chips in them. Our super cheap sound bar (albeit very good sound quality) is on the same channel as the Youview and TV remote so some button presses on these remotes activate certain functions on the soundbar. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Paul1963 

Can you describe how the Youview Bt  box  is positioned in relation to the Tv and any other electrical equipment 

if it is straightforward can you temporarily move the Bt box position to see if the remote signals improve.

which bt box is it ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hi all 

thanks for the reply's spoke with BT they said they had checked the box there end and said the box was faulty and I should be receiving a replacement some time tomorrow.Would it be possible for them to check there end just wondering and as at this time the box has started working correctly .As for the set up I have the BT bot on the middle shelf of the tv unit with the router yesterday I moved the router thinking that was the problem but it was still playing up but as I said as of this evening seems to be working fine

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi all

new bt box arrived set up worked perfect for the first 30 minutes then back to being the same old problem I need to talk to bt anyone on here from b t who can help please as I am not getting the service I require so maybe you need to take your cheap non working stuff away negotiate a new contract happy with the internet. I came over from virgin believing I would have faster more efficient equipment but thus far this is definitely not the case.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 9

This surely has to be a localised problem related to your set up... 

Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Paul1963, I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your BT TV remote.  We've reports of this happening as a result of RF interference coming from the TV or possibly your lights. There's some advice on this link BT TV Remote help which you may find useful. 

0 Ratings