cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiSpracklen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT sport not working and crashing broadband

Unfortunately I don’t have a second home hub to try.

Yes iPlayer works fine and doesn’t crash the whole broadband network.

Maybe I need to request new units from BT as it has been probalomatic for the past 3 months with no fixes working with engineers coming out as well.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

@DiSpracklen wrote:
Unfortunately I don’t have a second home hub to try.

Yes iPlayer works fine and doesn’t crash the whole broadband network.

Maybe I need to request new units from BT as it has been probalomatic for the past 3 months with no fixes working with engineers coming out as well.

This only when multicast is being used, so it could be the home hub or the YouView box.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Hi @DiSpracklen

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

Strange issue! Sorry that you're having broadband connection problems while trying to stream BT Sport on your BT TV box.  As the Community won't be able to offer much more help on this (thanks @Keith_Beddoe) we will get a case raised to find out what is happening.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll get back to you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 14 of 20

Hi @DiSpracklen - I can see there are some obvious issues with your line. If these aren't resolved through normal channels, please let us know.

Thanks

Gavin

BT TV expertGavinL
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
DiSpracklen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Thanks Gavin - I have raised it maybe 4 or 5 times and have raised 3 complaints so unfortunately the usual channels don’t seem to be getting me anywhere.

I called at the weekend and was told there was no problems on the line and to just monitor it for 24 hours - that’s when I raised it on the forum to see if I could get any additional help.

Anything you can do to point the usual channels in the right direction to get things solved will be much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Hi @DiSpracklen

Sorry this is still ongoing.

I've sent you a private message asking for details.   You can access your private messages by  clicking here

Once we have your details we can investigate this for you further.

Cheers

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 17 of 20

Hi @DiSpracklen I have just picked up your case. I ran a few checks and there appears to be a fault on the network that's affecting the broadband.

I have sent this off for further investigation and I'll contact you once I have more information later today.

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 18 of 20

Hi @DiSpracklen thanks for taking my call today. I am glad to hear that BT Sport is working well now.

As discussed, we have another engineer booked to investigate why your connection continues to drop out.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 19 of 20

Hi @DiSpracklen Following the engineer visit the connection is looking much better. I'll catch up with you again on Monday to make sure the line is still solid, so I'll speak to you then 🙂

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 20 of 20

Hi @DiSpracklen it's taken us a while but we got there in the end! After we got the fault fixed, we had to sort of a few issues with your package and I am glad everything is now resolved.

Do come back on the community if you need help with anything else 🙂

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings