Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

BT tv APP problem

Go to solution

Hi all!

As well as on my tablet (which still works fine BTW), i have a BTTV app on my laptop, useful when my nephews and neices are here hogging the tvs with their computer games and cartoon channels(!), i went to use it earlier but i can only watch the BT channels live, i cannot watch anything in the catch-up section, i keep getting an error message of WP015, telling me to restart or refresh the programme, which i have tried but get the same result, like i said, programmes live on now... all working on my laptop, everything on my tablet... all working, just the bt library of catch-up shows  on the laptop where i have a problem, always worked fine previously. Any ideas? (apart from just stick to watching on my tablet of course!).

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT tv APP problem

Go to solution

Hi @GarryJ Sorry you are getting the WP015 error code.

Please check on the advice from Neil on This Thread and see if this solves the issue for you. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks John, will give those ideas a go later, not too much of a problem anyway, the service works okay on my Samsung Tablet and , to be honest, if not on the TV itself, i do not use it on the laptop much too anyway. If i can be cheeky and ask another "youview" related question, i have a DTRT2100 box as my main box, with a mini youview box as my 2nd upstairs, the mini box is connected using broadband extenders so i can get iplayer etc, but could this be used as a "extra box" if i signed up for that service?  All the BT channels, sport, catch up all appear there, so i assume so, i have gone to make the order myself online, and i am not asked to buy another box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @GarryJ  check out Can I watch BT TV in more than one room?  for more information on the extra box subscription. 

When you try to add the extra box subscription you are not asked to add a new box so I assume you already had both the boxes provided by BT?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, Thanks for the reply, so obviously the non-recordable mini youview boxes are okay for the "extra box" service, No, when i went through the online ordering process, cancelling as i got to the final check out phase, i was not told i had to buy another box, just new broadband extenders for £20, which i do not mind really, as the ones i am using are a good few years old now, so i did not find that too bad, only thing that bothered me a little is that i am positive i saw i would have  to renew my broadband & tv contracts for another 12 months when going ahead with this, (may have misread this!), as i only a couple of months ago agreed a new 18 month deal for these and my phone service, with discounts included, i became just a little wary of doing anything yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @GarryJ If you have already renewed your contract for 18 months recently then adding the extra box will not affect your contract and discounts. It would only be an issue if you were in a contract with less than 12 months to run as the contract would be extended for 12 months and you contract would therefore be lengthened.  

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Just checked, bit shocked as it has been a bit longer than i thought, my contract for Broadband, Phone & TV services was recontracted for 18 months on November 30th 2017, dosent time fly!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

"I assume you already had both the boxes provided by BT?"

That was the other thing i have remembered, the mini youview box came from Argos, although when i was testing everything out with a online order, i was not asked to buy another box as long as i was getting the new broadband extenders for £20.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @GarryJ I've checked this further for you and Can I watch BT TV in more than one room? under the More questions answered check out question 14.

Cheers
John   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Okay, thanks, was surprised when i went through the online ordering option, i was asked do i want either of the extra boxes or broadband extenders, seemed as if the order would have gone through taking the extenders, did not seem to force me to order another box, £20 broadband extenders & £5 per month for extra box, maybe i read it wrong then, no problem, thanks for helping anyway.

0 Ratings