Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT tv Internet channels

Go to solution
I took a BT tv package including the Internet channels from channel 300 onwards. Since taking this option I have not bèen able to receive any of these channels. I have phoned BT customer care for roughly eight hours over the last week trying factory reset this, update that etc etc etc with no success. It seems the only thing customer service are good at is putting you on hold and then cutting the call off or saying someone will call you which hasn't happened as yet.
Has anyone got any new ideas I can try?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT tv Internet channels

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @Sketch

Is your Internet working, and is the YouView box connected directly to the BT Home hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
The Internet is working and the youview box is connected by ethernet cable. The youview box is currently playing the BBC I player so the Internet is working through the box
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Sketch

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having watching your multicast channels.  I appreciate the amount of your time you have spent chasing this.

Can you send us over your details and we will give you a hand from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
I still have a network problem and it is no nearer being sorted than it was two weeks ago. Does anyone know of a contact number or email address within BT that can get problems sorted?
Until then my hopes rest on Virgin coming to the area or BT sport losing the rugby and moto gp contracts.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Sketch

Did you contact @RobbieMac as requested, as he can sort it out?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply Keith. Yes I did is the answer. They have put someone in charge of the fault but he just rings or emails to say it is being sorted. Unfortunately it isn't being sorted.
Bt customer support is the worst I have come across. It needs a total overhaul.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

As a matter of interest, do the channels appear on the program Guide?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Sketch and thanks for posting.

I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you. I can see @JohnC2 is dealing with this for you and is due to get in touch on Wednesday. It's been identified as a network fault whcih is taking longer than expected to resolve. I'll make sure John is up to date with your posts when he returns.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings