cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT tv box, remote problems

Go to solution

The book says "press TV and AV" three blue light flashes, enter tv code (Panasonic - 3846) etc" …. I get FOUR flashes and then a constant blue light and no operation of my tv. 

BT sent me a new box earlier in the week and that is the same, they are now sending me yet another box !

I'm unconvinced it's the box as my previous remote also gives four flashes, not three and that won't work either. I have lost count (including several full remote resets) of how many times I have tried to get it working.

Hats off to BT, but I don't think the box is the problem.

Has anyone else had four flashes or is it a specific Panasonic problem ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT tv box, remote problems

Go to solution

Still no second new BT box (not that I think it's the box) , perhaps it will arrive tomorrow !

I think the BT help desk line is stumped (as is the community) on this one and BT's answer is to just keep sending new boxes.

As one help desk suggested "remove the batteries from the second remote, in case it's causing interference"  …. I even tried going down the (200 foot) garden but again it gives four flashes followed by a constant blue light.  The best I can get is the volume adjusted on the TV headphone output as opposed to the cinema surround sound  ???

Tried Panasonic and they refer me back to BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@PhilBC 

Never had any issue with the remote & Panasonic TVs.

There's this thread over on the Youview forums. Should solve your problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

That's an interesting link, thank you.

I'll give it a go tomorrow (had a g&t now) and see how I get on

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Well done TimCurtis for rooting out the answer …. problem solved.

BT had never heard of this problem (but I have seen three people in forums so far with exactly the same issue).

Press "TV + AV" (ignore four flashes) "enter the TV code" (in my case 3846 for Panasonic), (ignore four flashes).

Turn off the TV with the BT remote …. THEN PRESS "OK" …. and everything works  😀