cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT tv box shutting down

After close of my evening viewing I leave my TV box on standby and turn off TV set.  Next morning BT tv box will not switch back on and show its blue lights that says  its ready, just shows mauve lights.  If its reset by removing power/using rear on/off , it takes at least 30 mins to come back on.  

What is the cure for this?   Broadband wireless connection is not the issue: blue lights all ok throughout the system. If I cant get this to work properly Im about to cancel the whole deal, still within the 14 day cancellation period

Help please!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT tv box shutting down

You did not say which standby mode you are using so I would recommend Smart Standby; this will provide almost instant startup.  Please check you have the latest software version.

The  time of 30mins to reboot does seem to be rather excessive.  As a last resort try a factory via YouView/Settings but be aware that you may loose any recorded content, also update software on completion.

If none of the above work contact BT and request a replacement box.  

Hope this may help.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

thanks!...the box is already using "smart standby". It was updated less than a week ago. I'm considering that the problem may be to do with the auto cut-off/shut down when the box is idle. Any way of adjusting this period?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

There are two adjustments in YouView/Settings/Standby & Power - Automatic Standby but these settings between 12 and 2hrs are unl8ely to cause this problem and - Deep Sleep the start of which can be set to any time but is only likely to delay the time to come out of standby.  However might be worth investigating.

0 Ratings