cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chama98
Message 1 of 3

BT you view box automatically turns on and also turns the TV on.

2am this morning. (which I have no idea why) My TV and youview+ box turned itself on. This has been happening quite a few times and its getting annoying.

luckily it didnt wake the house up as the surround sound speakers where turned off. 

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem.

I have the youview app on my iphone which I sometimes use to record programmes if I am away etc.

The energy setting is on the lo setting which allows me to record prgrammes etc. 

I am tempted to stop using the recording feature on my iphone app and set the youview box to its default energy setting hoping that this will stop the problem.

Anyway, I am hoping someone will be able to shed some light on my problem.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT you view box automatically turns on and also turns the TV on.

See if any of these suggestions might work:

Link:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/HELP-PLEASE-HUMAX-BOX-HAS-A-MIND-OF-ITS-OWN/td-p/756630

If not post back here and I will try to helpSmiley Happy

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
chama98
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT you view box automatically turns on and also turns the TV on.

Many thanks for your reply.

I have tried the solutions as described. Last night the box did not turn on during the night. 

As I might have said it sometimes turns on by itself. I will reset the box if it does turn itself on again and speak to BT for help. 

0 Ratings