cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT youview Humax DTR T2110 stuck at neally ready can't get to factory reset

My BT youview box humax DTR T2110 is stuck at nearly ready and cannot get to the reset menu. Called the number on the manual in Calcutta in India and had a totally wasted time with a person who clearly had not got the concept of customer care. Kept saying I didn't have an account. Explained that would be correct and the box was purchased from John Lewis as a stand alone box, so would not have a contract. When I asked to speak to his supervisor he was reluctant to do this saying his supervisor would tell me the same. I kept calm and asked to speak again 3 times before the supervisor came on the line. I had been asking for a UK Contact Number and eventually the supervisor gave me a number. Too late to call now, but wondered if any help could be given from this site.

HavI got done a number of Internet searches for a solution it would appear this is a very common fault so feeling very let down by BT for continuing to take good money from the unsuspecting public when a known problem exists and from what I can see , there is no simple solution. I stand to be corrected so will look forward to hearing from you.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT youview Humax DTR T2110 stuck at neally ready can't get to factory reset

anSo effectively this is a retail box.

Now John Lewis  offer waranty  (2 years typically) and indeed have  a technical support unit.

So first question is when did you purchase it ?

As for resolution  of the problem.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode

are the instructions for doing a maintenance mode reset -- options 2 or 4 are best options to attempt first.

Now I see you say you cannot get to the reset menu. Now the Maintenance mode menu is activated BEFORE the attempt to load the existing system (that is the Nearly Ready), If the maintenance mode cannot be activated there is normally an error code or a Sorry message displayed.

Can you confirm that you have tried to enter maintenance mode and if so what message appears at that stage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Unless you have a BT Vision contract, there would be no support. The box would have to be purchased via BT, as part of a contract. Retail boxes would be covered by the normal guarantee provided by the seller, in your case, John Lewis.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

A common issue when the hardrive fails and also when the thermal paste is dry on the heatsink.

In otherwords a duff box.

Speak to John Lewis as goods faulty and not fit for use.

Hope this helps.

C.J

0 Ratings