cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT youview box freezing

Go to solution

i appreciate that this subject is well worn and answered many times . I have had this problem many times and twice in the last 3 days . At one point a few weeks ago I had 3 boxes from BT in the house of which only one worked which ironically was the original one that froze . The two replacement boxes just didn’t work at all. 

It appears the freeze problem is caused by software updates that upset the box . With the quantity of problems why have BT failed in creating a box that works properly for more than a few weeks . BT is failing miserably in its customer care and customers are paying way too much for second rate products and services.

As a positive the articles to help you reboot the box are invaluable in getting the tv back working .

This is a plea for BT to get there fingers out and fix this annoying problem 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT youview box freezing

Go to solution

Hi @feederphil  can I ask which model of Youview box you are experiencing all these freezing issues with , if you are unsure  if you do help and the i  you will get the About your Youview  box  which will give the Humax model number  ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @feederphil and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your youview box. If you can give us the details mentioned by @zulu17 I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

It’s a DTRT2100 with software version CDS/32.53.0 app version 2.5.2(5044b7e) . I know how to reboot and I’m really good at reloading the channels that get lost in the reboot. What bugs me is why do BT provide poor equipment and when they send out replacements they don’t work at all . 
shoddy treatment of valuable customers 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

See reply to Zulu 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the box model  details @feederphil .

if I interprete the sequence of events correctly you were experiencing the freezing on the original box  recurring at frequency that could be days or a few  weeks. Because the two replacements don’t work you have gone back to using this original box and the of the box freezing has recently occurring more frequently.

not sure I buy a Software Update as the cause of the issue ,  more likely a hardware component  or hard drive problem with that individual box or a corruption somewhere that might need a full factory reset. I would expect in normal circumstances a box replacement should resolve. 

As  @DavidM  has already posted  here I suggest we awaits the mods further action or recommendations here.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi the box I’m using currently isn’t the first box anyway in fact it’s the third . Boxes 5 and 6 didn’t work at all . Yet we’re despatched as new from the BT depot . As a customer I don’t care if it’s hardware or software , I just want it to work . 5 useless boxes and one that often in the morning is frozen isn’t good enough. Box 2 used to switch itself on in the early hours and wake the house up . First time frightened to death as we thought it was burglars . Is this what we are expected to pay for , shoddy equipment and shoddy customer service . BT should be paying me . Sadly this is the face of corporate Britain today. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @zulu17 and @DavidM 

just thought I would give you an update re box freezing in mornings after being in sleep mode.

had a very interesting and lengthy discussion with Niall at the eniskillen office in Northern Ireland. He did line tests and internet tests and we ran various diagnostics and nothing could be found . However, a few days later it froze again . This time I did a full factory reset , losing all my app logins , recordings and settings. This worked for a whole 3 days so contacted Michelle at the same office, I have it on speed dial, and she insisted it can’t be the box and refused to send out a new one . So for two days had no subscription tv or sport but she did arrange for a home tech engineer. He arrived on Saturday morning and did no more than change the box , rather amusingly the first brand new box wouldn’t work , so he popped outside to announce ‘ its your aerial ‘ . I insisted on him checking it electronically and surprise surprise it was fine . He then tried a second box and joy of joys it worked . 3 days later it’s still working . That’s around 8 boxes now . Fingers crossed 

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

My BT-TV box freezes and the only thing that works is the volume via the remote, anything that's waiting to be recorded or currently recording is fine, and I have to wait till nothing is recording before I reboot the bt-tv box which usually fixes it.

Is this issue being looked at by BT? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@feederphil
Just thought to ask, how has it been so far?
0 Ratings