cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n071958k
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT youview box hd freezes when I stop watching a recording and want to go back to live TV

My BT youview box hd freezes when I stop watching a recording and want to go back to live TV.

I stop watching a recorded program eg half way through and want to go back to watch live TV. I press the stop button and then 'back up' which takes me back to all of my recordings. Then the next 'back up' should take me back to live TV, the audio does but the screen stays on My Recordings and I can not get back to live TV. I have to leave it overnight or switch on and off from the wall. I have done all the resets, both keeping recordings and wiping them. Engineers have done resets and also changed the box, but the problem persists.

I was told the next time I had the issue to call in to BT while the issue was happening. I did this and another engineer was sent out, but said he could not do anything as the problem was not occuring while he was there. As stated it is an intermittent issue, so the chances of it happen when an Engineer is here are very slim. He told me to record the issue and email BT to show them the recording of the issue. I did this and called BT, they said there is no email for me to send such a thing. They would have to call out another engineer and I would simply have to show them the video I had recorded of the issue.

Said engineer has now called me prior to the visit as it happens to be the same engineer who replaced my youview box a few months ago. He has told me to contact the community for a solution and send him the video. Failing any solution he will escalate the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated. It has frozen on channel 4, bbc1, comedy central and I believe eurosport as these are the channels I tend to record from.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT youview box hd freezes when I stop watching a recording and want to go back to live TV

The easiest way to go back to live Tv when you stop watching a recording  is after you have pressed stop is to press the CLOSE  button  once rather than a sequence of BACK buttons.  (You could even use CLOSE whilst watching the recording and that shouls take you back to live TV)

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT youview box hd freezes when I stop watching a recording and want to go back to live TV

the box is a mine field of untested faults IMHO I've had more such issues with the BT box in the 2 years I had it than in 20 odd years of 'you know who'. Also when ever something goes wrong with 'you know who' 's platform several thousand people jump online or call up to complain and somthing gets done about it in a reasonable time scale.  

0 Ratings