Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Winecooler
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT youview box

Go to solution

Hello, and apologies if this has already been asked and answered. I’ve BT broadband, tv and landline at home, and a youview box with an internet connection from BT extenders, not to mention BT mobiles. All working correctly. Last year I bought another youview box to use in our touring caravan. Would it be feasible to use the iPhone as a tether cabled to the BT youview box? Would a lightning cable with an RJ45 at the other end do the job? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT youview box

Go to solution

The YouView box would not be connected to your home BT broadband, so all you will get would be the normal FreeView channels down your TV aerial.

0 Ratings
Winecooler
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks. We do get all those Freeview channels, but obviously not BT Sport, and I wondered if using the iPhone as an internet connection might do the trick. Ah well!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I think you could cast the BT Sport app from your iPhone to the TV in the caravan using a mi-fi dongle and a Chromecast dongle.  Also add a Slingbox to your home set up then you could stream recordings in the caravan from your home Youview box.

Personally I am satisfied to watch BT Sport and other TV while away from home on my 10" tablet connected to a convenient wi-fi hotspot or tethered to my mobile phone.

0 Ratings