Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r1sh12
Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT youview multicast settings - I know this has been beaten to death

Go to solution

Hi All,

I know what Im about to ask has been requested about 100 times - however, I have searched through all the posts if I could find my answer.

Does anyone have the actual settings? Where they know the multicast IP address, and all the possible ports?

The reason I ask, I have recently renovated my entire house, which involved putting cat6 cable everywhere etc.

I have purchased a Cisco sg200-26 switch, to connect everything in the house up. Its a layer 2 switch, so it only does switching, and it does support multicast etc..

My modem will connect directly to the switch, but to ensure the BT sport channels all work well, I need to get the multicast settings.

Has anyone had any luck getting them?

Could the BT mods potentially provide them?

Thanks in advance,

r1sh12

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Automan
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT youview multicast settings - I know this has been beaten to death

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been trying using a TP-Link one.

It, and I think others have a "IGMP Snooping" option and when enabled it seems to find the switch ports needing the mode all by itself.

The snag with my one, a TL-SG1024DE (not as clever as your Cisco) is that it takes a while to learn the routes and in that time the YouView box will sometimes give up leading to no recording being made.

I can leave the option off which works and whatch all the port LED's flash all the time YouView is active on an internet channel.

Good luck...

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
See my post on "Advanced Ipc6023 diags" as it has the address and port of the test channel in it. If you can get that working then other channels will work too.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry I was mobile yesterday.

The link is https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/IPC6023-Advanced-Diagnosis/td-p/1154880

And the test channel IP is 234.81.130.4 Port 5802

If you are looking to use cisco IOS static joins then I would use 234.81.130.1 - 234.81.131.255 , always port 5802

Steve

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for all the info guys.

Hopefully when I move back in, I can get the streams up and running.

I will be keeping everything static, or possibly locking the DHCP with MAC addresses within a range.

The plan is to move back in at the end of the month, so I will try update how I get on around then.

Thanks

0 Ratings
gavinhatton
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Has anyone had any joy configuring a cisco box to handle the multicast stream?

I ask as this is what I am trying to achive with as yet no joy.

Nothing I've been able to look up relates to BT/Youview specificaly or to each other for that matter. I thought finding the address of the channels would help greatly, but it would appear there is still a lot more to learn.

I have read elsewhere that IPTV providers deliver broadband and IPTV via two seperate PVCs on the ATM, is this the case or not? As currently my config details no PVCs and uses Eth0/0/0 with VLAN 101 to make use of my FTTC.

I have so many more questions and, if I'm honest, I'm not sure what else to change/try.

If anyone else has any advice/infor relating to Cisco IOS multicast configuration for BT Youview I'd greatly appreciate it.

0 Ratings