cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradfordboy1973
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT youview

Cancelled sky last week to come over to bt yv. Just spoke with a bt operator about getting it and he tells me he can do me a vision box. but i want you view. Well you wont get bt sports on it. So you will have to have vision. Who the hell mentioned bt sports? I was under the impression i could access that through my ipad? I was then cut off!

The easiest way to send customers back to sky is to be rude and argue with them !

All i want is the you view box with a subcription. Now considering maybe going back to sky !

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
stevemarsbar
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT youview

Of course you can get what you want. Only thing you can't get on youview currently is Sky Sports. Try calling again 🙂

0 Ratings
oldbluey
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I cancelled Sky and moved to BT recently and now I bitterly regret the move. As you have already gathered from your telephone conversation with BT, their customer service is truly awful.

If you wait a couple of weeks you will probably get a call from Sky offering a cut rate subscription ( I now have the full TV package free of charge for 6 months).

The BT YouView box is good, but the Sport channels have not appeared on mine yet (even though I have contacted BT three times to try to resolve issues with the software on my box).

With regard to other BT services - the wifi is good if you need to get online away from home and SmartTalk works well too.

Apart from that though the Customer Service is bad beyound description and you are tied to an 18 month contract.

I always thought Sky's "Believe in Better" slogan was a bit corny but I now think that BT should adopt their own version of it. Theirs should be "Suffer the Worst".

Do yourself a favour and steer clear.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

@oldbluey wrote:

I cancelled Sky and moved to BT recently and now I bitterly regret the move. As you have already gathered from your telephone conversation with BT, their customer service is truly awful.

If you wait a couple of weeks you will probably get a call from Sky offering a cut rate subscription ( I now have the full TV package free of charge for 6 months).

The BT YouView box is good, but the Sport channels have not appeared on mine yet (even though I have contacted BT three times to try to resolve issues with the software on my box).

With regard to other BT services - the wifi is good if you need to get online away from home and SmartTalk works well too.

Apart from that though the Customer Service is bad beyound description and you are tied to an 18 month contract.

I always thought Sky's "Believe in Better" slogan was a bit corny but I now think that BT should adopt their own version of it. Theirs should be "Suffer the Worst".

Do yourself a favour and steer clear.

What software issues are you having - I've had my Youview box since Dec 2012 and have had no problems with it. The only issue I know of with software on it, is with the HD content and having to mess with the audio settings.

As for BT Sports, it is not released until 1 August 2013 so still 9 days to get activated

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

You could just order online. The sales team are normally better than that.
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings