cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlinkzEU
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BTP -143 Error

I've spent the last 12 months trying to resolve this error but unfortunatelty everything I've tried fails.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open BT Player on either of the two boxes I have (one in bedroom, one in front room)
  2. Buy a Movie or TV series 
  3. I can then watch this once.. I close BT player.
  4. Open BT Player and go to My Zone 
  5. Pick one of my purchased films or TV series

Expected Result - Content should play

Actual Result - Blue box comes up saying contact support (thats a joke, they just go off with their pre-scripted responses of 'turn it off and on again') BTP -143 Error

Things I've tried 

1. Resetting BT TV Data on both boxes
  2. Changing out HDMI cables
  3. Changing out Ethernet cables
  4. Changed ports on router that the box connects to
  5. Unplugged and disconnected everything else from router apart from one box
  6. Full reset of youview box
  7. Software update of youview box

As I can watch the content once I tend to still buy a few things and I would estimate I've spent £300 - 400 on content which I cannot re-watch and I've pretty much had enough of the lack of support from BT customer service and BT as a whole. I don't want to leave BT as the ISP seems quite stable, however, the TV service is so far behind other providers it's making me seriously consider switching soon.

Any help or advice on this issue would be great, if you require more details please let me know and I will respond as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: BTP -143 Error

Just to clarify  .. 

you have a total 2 YouView boxes and use BT Player on both ?

There are no other Youview boxes connected in the house.

All your purchases have been made on one or other of these Youview boxes

do you currently have the BT extra box subscription ?

0 Ratings
BlinkzEU
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Correct - I have two active YouView boxes and both have BT Player, I pay for Multiroom so yes there is an active subscription to run both.

All purchases have been made on one or the other boxes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hi @BlinkzEU  Sorry you are not able to watch any of your purchases on your Youview box. 

Are you able to watch any of your purchase via the App or web player? 

Post back and let me know.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
BlinkzEU
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Hi @JohnC2,

Thanks for your reply, I can confirm that yes I can watch and download using the web player on my computer.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Hi @BlinkzEU Thanks for checking that out for me and posting back.

We will be happy to help you get this fixed if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi @BlinkzEU,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you.

I'm sorry you're having problem watch content you've purchased through your BT TV service. You can only watch your purchases on the box you made your purchase, so you won't be able to buy it on one box and watch it on an extra box.

Are you able to access your purchases through the box on which they were purchased?

I'm in the office until 20:45 today, please can you let me know what would be the best time for me to call?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
BlinkzEU
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Hi Paddy,

That doesn't sound correct to be honest, I can only watch it on the box I purchased it on. Whereas I can download and watch on any computer I like... also SKY allows you to watch on any box... more reasons for me to switch I think.

Anyway that's not the point, NO I cannot watch anything I purchase on any box ever once I've watched it once. I know you're trying to help but BT is becoming somewhat of a joke trying to fix this problem.

My phone is turned on and ready to recieve a call, interesting though as BT always seem to have problems calling my mobile. Try again please.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
BlinkzEU
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

As if by magic all my purchases (regardless of which box I purchased them on) are now working and playing.

Unsure how long this will last or if anyone actually did anything.

Close this for now.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi @BlinkzEU,

Thank you for getting back to me. I gave your mobile number another try but unfortunately the going straight to voice mail. I left a short message to let you know I called.

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry the the BT TV Purchases aren't working as they should. I've reported this to my colleagues in the BT TV team and I've asked them to investigate.

I can give you a call on your home number later on this evening it that suits?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings