Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scillonian
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BTP-15000

Go to solution

I am a new BT customer and had my BT TV and Broadband installed over 2 months ago by a BT engineer. Ever since the installation the YouView Box has been convinced that I am not a BT TV customer and I get the BTP-15000 error code every time I try and use it.

I have called help lines now on over 6 occasions and each time I am assured that if I reset my box in 4 hours time the YouView box will work. I have performed factory resets on every occasion and each time the TV fails to work. The YouView box is tuned correctly and has a broadband connection, the issue appears to be that it does not recognise my account in order to access the channels I am subscribed to.

This is becoming a total nightmare as I don't have time to spend several hours trying to run through the problem with BT technicians every time on the phone and end up with the same result of the TV not working. 

Would someone be able to offer some advice regarding this as I am beginning to run out of patience and will look to get my services elsewhere.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BTP-15000

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Scillonian,

The BTP-15000 error usually means there and error on the BT side of your service. I'll be able to help you get this corrected. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Scillonian The BTTV team believe they have fixed the fault with your BTTV package. Please can you check and see if all is working ok now and post back to let me know.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Scillonian
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Hi @JohnC2, many thanks for picking up my case.

The good news is that I am no longer receiving the BTP-15000 code and I am able to watch TV - I now have all the BT sports channels, including UHD.

Unfortunately it appears quite a lot of my channels are missing. I have the BT TV Max package. I am currently missing, amongst others, all of the HD BBC + ITV + channel 4 channels, and any news channels apart from CNN.

Would it be possible to look into this. Thanks for your help to date!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Scillonian Thanks for checking that and posting back. The channels you are missing appear to all be provided over the Freeview service (via your Aerial). 

Check out Bad quality or missing Freeview channels on BT TV for information on what checks to complete so you can find out why you are currently unable to receive these channels.

Thanks
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings