cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claire3
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BTP-15000

Hi I am hoping someone can help me - we have set up our new You View box and have subscribed to bt sports, sky cinema and max hd.   When we try to view these it comes up with error code btp-15000 or btp-15990 and says we need to have a bt account.  We have reset the box several times and checked all connections.  

Please help 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BTP-15000

Hi @Claire3 Sorry that you are unable to view these channels.

Are you connected via ethernet cable from the hub to the Youview box?
When you mention new box did you previously have a BTTV box or is this your first time connecting to BTTV?

Post back and let me know the answers to these questions and I'll be happy to help you further.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Claire3
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi John - yes this is the first time we have connected a bt you view box and it is currently connected via ethernet cable.

thanks

Claire

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Claire3 Thanks for posting back to confirm that information for me.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Claire3
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi John - where can I find the thread number please

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The thread URL can be found in your web browser address bar this is it https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BTP-15000/m-p/1826766#M43595%2Fjump-to%2Ffirst-unread-me...
0 Ratings
aburchie
Message 7 of 8

Hi. I have the same error code. I am a BT Customer but the device says no I am not. 

The YouView box is connected by ethernet cable to a Mini Connector Kit where both LEDs on that decide are blue. I can see that the YouView box is receiving a boradband connection.

Factory resets on the YouView box and the BT Smart HUB have not fixed the problem.

I did see a thread that somehow the YouView box has to be associated with my account. Is that correct?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated please.

Andy

0 Ratings
aburchie
Message 8 of 8

Hi. I have the same error code. I am a BT Customer but the device says no I am not. 

The YouView box is connected by ethernet cable to a Mini Connector Kit where both LEDs on that decide are blue. I can see that the YouView box is receiving a boradband connection. 

Due to the location of the devices in the property, I cannot hard wire the YouView box to the Smart Hub with an ethernet cable (I just have one long enough to reach).

Factory resets on the YouView box and the BT Smart HUB have not fixed the problem.

I did see a thread that somehow the YouView box has to be associated with my account. Is that correct?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated please.

Andy

0 Ratings