Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BTP-15990

Go to solution
Hi folks, I had been a customer for a few months for BB, Phone and TV then we moved house, took ages to get the house move on BT sorted, someone had to cancel our order and redo it, ended up with no service for a month. Got it back on Wednesday last week, then bang watching TV tonight and it comes up BTP-15990 on screen, saying that I have no account!! I called BT and got India, lady said the box is faulty, but then I find through searching the forum that this is very common, and is an account linking issue between the Youview box and the broadband..

Can any mods fix this instead of us waiting till the middle of next week for a new box and finding it is the same...?

I messaged Paddy the mod asking for help but I guess he may not be on. Fed up with BT now, this has been a nightmare, started by moving house one street away and had no TV or internet for 4 weeks, and now it works for 5 days before going wrong.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: BTP-15990

Go to solution
The box on power up also says "we can see you aren't a BT customer, please call BT and quote the following code" BTP-15000
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

@ScottyP65 I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your BT TV service. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, have sent you the details via the contact the mods link.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@ScottyP65

Just to let you know, when you send the form back they work on them in order, and it can take upto 48 hours for them to get back to you. But don't worry they will either message here, or contact you directly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks mate.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Just to let everyone know, had a call from Marc in BT tech support Newcastle, he could see there was a data error in the account, which will have happened when we moved house using BT Home Move service...they didnt move the authorisation for the Humax box when the phone and broadband were moved. I have spoken to several people at work to whom this also happened.....something needs fixed there!

The tv box was showing as unauthorised, so thats why it wasn't working. Not sure why it worked for a few days, but pretty poor on the Home Move service. Big thanks to Tech Support in Newcastle though and to the Mods here, or it would never have gotten fixed. Still at work so can't try it yet, but confident it will work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Also to let Mods know, when viewing this site on a mobile, none of the links for contact the mods show up....they only work on a computer or a tablet device.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

@ScottyP65 I'm glad the error is fixed. We'll do some testing as the contact the mods link should be visible on all devices. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Cheers Neil. I was confused when I used my android phone to join the site, as there were no "contact the mods" link at all in the profiles, until I opened the site on my tablet and there it was.

Thanks again for all your help, best thing about BT is this forum and the moderators on it. Superb.

0 Ratings