Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talion78
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BTP-20000

Go to solution
wonder if a mod can help.

getting this error.....tried resetting everything. Going through broadband extenders.

Youview box saying connected to internet and router yet cannot access channels.

thanks
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BTP-20000

Go to solution

Hi @talion78 and welcome.

Sorry you're seeing the error message. Are you able to connect directly to the hub and check if you're still seeing the error message?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
talion78
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
hi david no unfortunately the telephone line box is about 30 ft away from the tv.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @talion78.

It would be difficult to diagnose any possible issue with the box or service without connecting directly to the hub. Can you borrow or locate a long ethernet cable?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
talion78
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
hi Dave, i've managed to get a long ethernet cable. so now directly connected to router. reset router and factory reset youview box still same error
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @talion78 Thanks for trying that.  Drop us over your details by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods and we will be happy to help you get this fixed.  

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @talion78

I have amended a conflict on the TV account so TV services should now work.

To force the new config onto the set top box, the home hub may need a factory reset and then the set top box disconnected and re-connected to the Internet.

If you then go onto an Internet Channel e.g. BT Sport. It may ask you to click okay to set this up. Click okay and channels should start working.

Let me know if that resolves or if there are still issues.

Thanks,

Gemma

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @talion78,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm really glad to hear this is sorted. Thanks to @Gemma_P for all your help. I'll close this off but if you have any other problems post back and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings