cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BTTV app linking to T2100 Youview box

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a BT Youview DTR T2100 box which I have had for ages and use solely as a Freeview box now. I do not have a BT TV or BT Broadband subscription but believe that I can still use the BTTV app to set remote record etc on the box.

When I try to connect to the box on the app, it searches but can't find it. I have tried all the steps in the troubleshooter and have the latest version of the app and box software as far as I can tell. The app says that both the app device and box should be on the same network (I'm sure previously it has said same WiFi network, but the box is ethernet only!) so my only thought is that there is trouble communicating between an Ethernet device (the box) and WiFi device (phone app, connected through MESH WiFi). Has anyone else experienced this, is able to explain, or has a solution?

Thanks!

Pete

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BTTV app linking to T2100 Youview box

Go to solution

In the absence of any other responses, have you confirmed that the box is still connected to the Internet by streaming something from iPlayer for example?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have confirmed that the box has an active connection. I gets all the IP details including IP address on the network connection info and it can stream iplayer etc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@petem90 

Are your phone & the T2100 on the same range of local IP Addresses eg 192.168.1.xxx ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi,

many thanks for your guidance with this. I have had a good tinker around with my network setup today (making sure modem/router was set to modem mode and connecting all LAN devices directly into MESH router) and now have everything on the same IP address range and it works! Thanks again!

0 Ratings