cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BTTV app

The app won’t play even though the device is registered, only have two devices registered still got to wait days before i can add a new one.

many thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BTTV app

hi @daveglos Which device are to you experiencing the problem with and are you seeing any error codes or messages ? Does the app run normally on your other registered device ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi

Please remove a device if you want to watch on this one(App928) then gives a message to manage devices. There are two devices listed Iphone which still works and an Apple TV that was ok up until last week, the other two spare slots are saying wait 14 days to register a new device so my new ipad won’t register

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @daveglos  Couple of further questions .

Do you recall an Apple TV update occurring in the last week  ?  

Have you ever had four registered devices or have you only ever been using two ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

It’s possible i’ve had 4 devices registered at some point in time, i’ve never gone in to delete anything and loading the app on a new device has always worked.

I’m not aware of an apple TV update

Best regards

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi @daveglos I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems with the BT TV app.

I found this info on the AP928 error.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi Neil

I go through the troubleshooter, select BT app then it asks me which pin i have problems with!

91EE548F-E871-4BCE-B792-4594ABCD2B21.png

I don’t have a pin problem

best regards

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @daveglos  to me it looks like a bit of a mess and I suspect that someone in BT will need to do something offline.

@NeilO  I am not aware of BT increasing the registered device limit to 10 , it has been 4 with BT TV Extra or 2 without.  Indeed

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/tv-app/ios/account-and-device-management/managing-your-dev...

still says

A device will automatically be registered when you've logged in and watched a programme on it.You can register up to four* devices, and watch programmes on two devices at the same time. When you’ve reached your device limit, you can register a new device once every thirty days.

Something has clearly occurred in the last week to prevent @daveglos  from using one device but even then it should be possible for him to register a further device so there is probably a separate possibly longer term issue issue that has been preventing him doing so.

Also if the registered device limit is still 4 and not 10 then the  AP928 text in

https://www.bt.com/help/fix-your-bt-error-code-problem 

needs to be corrected.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@daveglos thanks for trying that, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send your details over to the moderation team.

@zulu17 that's the message I got when I checked on the AP928 code. I didn't even notice the device limit on that but as far as I am aware it's still 4 so the wording on that message will need to be updated and I'll report that back, thanks for highlighting it.

Thanks
Neil

Message 10 of 11

Hi Neil

ive not seen a private message from you

regards

Dave

0 Ratings