Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mackania
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BTTV - firestick interference

Hi, 

I am having a recurring issue where my BT box stops working properly whenever I leave my amazon firestick plugged in to the television alongside it.

The picture will disappear every fifteen seconds or so then return a short time later. It's rather frustrating as I don't think I should have any issues in leaving another source plugged into a different HDMI point in the television. 

The only way to fix this is either a complete reboot of the system at the power socket or to rerune the BT box in my TV. 

Has anyone else experienced this and been able to allow the two inputs to live together in harmony? It's pretty annoying. 

Thanks, 

N

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BTTV - firestick interference

Is it possible to move the BT box further away from the TV or at least try it to see if that makes a difference?

Or put the Firestick on a short HDMI extender lead - it is what I need to do with my Chromecast dongle for it to get a solid wi-fi signal.  Those extra few inches make all the difference.

Had a thought that a bodge would be to put the Firestick power supply on a remote control switch.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

@mackania Are you powering the Firestick through the USB socket on the TV? If so, try taking the power from the mains with the adaptor.

We had one and tried USB power and it caused all kinds of issues with the TV inputs are other devices plugged in as it was confusing the TV as to what input it should be using through auto-select. 

0 Ratings
mackania
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks both for your response. 

The issue heightened last night to the point that my BT TV box is now being replaced. 

I was powering it through the a mains adapter which is odd. 

The box was also being stored in a standard entertainment unit with the TV on top, I'd imagine a fairly similar set up to most people.  The customer service agent seemed surprised at the issue as he'd never heard of it before.  I'm going to just write it off as bad luck for now and hopefully the issue resolves when we get the new box. 

Thanks, 

N

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Sounds like it was coincidence and the BT box was dying anyway

0 Ratings