cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BTTV not seeing router

Go to solution

I have lost connection to router from bttv box, had replacement box and new powerlines still the same issue any ideas, everything else is working fine in the house and on Fibre broadband.  I have also reset the bttv box shut everything down a million times and even run a direct cable from the box the router but still the same message.

Any help greatly appreciated.  Spoken to two bt engineers and they are at a loss

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BTTV not seeing router

Go to solution

Hi @Caza5, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry that you're having this problem with your BT TV service.
Do you get any error code or message displayed on the TV?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

When it all first started 3 weeks ago I was getting a YVM102 error.  Now it just starts the set up but bombs out at connecting to router after about 20 seconds 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Caza5, thanks for posting back. As you've already had 2 engineer visits, I take you've already been through all the checks at your end, so we'll be happy to help you with this.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Caza5 

Have you rebooted the router?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, yes I have.  More times than I can keep count of.  BT have sent a new BTTV top box but it is the same issue.  I am wondering if it is to do with the router and ip addresses in some way, as it tries to make a connection but fails.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Caza5 ,

Thanks for sending over the details. I can see the engineer got this sorted by replacing the hub. Please post again if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi David

thanks for coming back to me on this.  Yes in the end he replaced the hub, he thought that there was a big in it.  Also the two replacement bt tv boxes weren’t suitable.  One was a g5 which he said doesn’t work with our signal and the other box had a problem with the aerial port, fortunately he had a spare with him.

0 Ratings