cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tech-NO
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BTTV remote control for elderly

Hello, I have just installed BTTV for my elderly mother and she is finding navigation with the remote control cursor buttons very difficult due to severe arthritis in her fingers. Does anyone have any recommendations of a replacement controller with larger buttons or found another solution to overcome this problem. BT help accessibility pages suggest a keyboard or game controller but mum would prefer a traditional remote controller. Thanks . Tech-NO.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTTV remote control for elderly

There are several large button remote controls on the market but having skimmed a few the other side of the coin to having large buttons is that there a fewer buttons including only the really commonly used ones V-/V+, P+/P-, ON/OFF etc. If your mother is able to use the native remote for occasional usage then maybe one of these may still be helpful for frequent use.

0 Ratings
Tech-NO
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BTTV remote control for elderly

Thanks, I have found several on Amazon and agree with the limitations they present. One model Flipper, appears to be able to pre-program favourite channels which should help so will probably give it a go.

0 Ratings