Is it possible to watch BTTV without using their box my just using the BTTV App and BTTV Sport Apps on the TV?
And I mean all available live channels including free to air (ie BBC, ITV, etc etc)
Solved! Go to Solution.
Nope the BTTV app only contains AMC, BT Sport and Eurosport.
BT TV APP Extra allowed for more devices to be registered to use the BT TV App and allowed its use of a wider range of devices (typically large screen devices) . It doesn't give you extra channels.
Hunter2660's reply contradicts the description of the App on the Apple App Store, below is the relevant wording and by implication would allow the BT TV Box Pro to be used on one TV and the App with the Apple TV 4K on another TV and have access to all the channels subscribed to so for example that would imply SKY Cinema and SKY Entertainment if the "Big Entertainment" package was subscribed to.
BT TV customers can use the app to watch live channels and shows on demand in line with their TV subscription via smartphone, tablet and laptop wherever they are. All at no extra cost as part of your BT TV package.
How does the app work?
- All BT TV customers can use the new BT TV app for no extra cost and watch programmes inline with their TV subscription.
- Watch subscribed live channels, including BT Sport, wherever you are.
- Catch up on the latest shows from the likes of AMC and Discovery.
- Continue watching from where you left off on your BT TV box.
- Watch channels and programmes on up to two devices at the same time.
- Download BT Store purchased content to watch anywhere anytime
To get started you'll need to be a BT TV customer with a valid BT ID that's been associated to your account.
With the BT TV App Extra Subscription you also have access to these new features :-
- Download all your subscription content to watch anywhere anytime.
- Chromecast what you’re watching on the app to a big screen.
- Register the app on four devices rather than two.