Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 13

BTV 251 Error

I've just had infinity installed today.

My Youview box shows BT player and the BT logo.

I don't subscribe to any TV packages at the moment but I should get BT sports, but when I try to access it I get BTV error 251.

All other demand players work fine.  I've done a maintenance mode reset but still get the message. I have seen others with the problem on here and tried what they say to do, but still get the error.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: BTV 251 Error

You can only receive the BT sport tv channels on Youview with a BT TV subscription.

Based upon your previous thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Youview-retail-box-and-BT-infinity-questions/m-p/1165758

I presume you have connected your retail box to your Bt infinity broadband - but without a BT TV package.

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

Thanks.

Just had a look at my order email, properly Man Embarassed and it says via smart, tablet by app or online..  Doh!

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

How do I subscribe to a package, say the £5 package, and will it work on my retail box or do I have to have anew one from BT?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

@Old_Welsh_dragon wrote:

How do I subscribe to a package, say the £5 package, and will it work on my retail box or do I have to have anew one from BT?

Well have a look at (& read the legal stuff)

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=34742

so yes Bt do allow you to order a package with your own box.

But when you add up the costs and commitment (£5 month - min 12 months and one off activation of £35)  you realise that you just a well take up the package that includes a free box.

See

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=27270

you can probably do that online or alternatively over the phone if the online system doesn't offer you the combination you want.

You should be able to get an Essential package at £5/month  or the Entertainment package at £7/month   (plus the one off activation fee £35). 

Remember when ordering your TV package to add the BT sports pack - free but needs to be ordered.

If you have a look at p38  of the current (1st Feb) tariff guide

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

you will see all the (standard) tariff products that BT have.

You can I believe continue to use your existing retail box and as it has compatible software the services that you subscribe to should be available on that box.

Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

Thanks for that..

I think I will go for the £5 pack but looks like I will have to give them a call as I can't find any online order form...

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 13

I would only go for the £5 option if you are really not that bothered about much TV. The extra 19 channels are actually pretty good and the additional bolt on's (HD - more coming soon - and kids) really are pretty good. I know the bolt on's are another £3 extra but the HD one in particular is well worth it especially for sport Smiley Happy

Also looking at that list it seems to suggest you won't get the sport on the £5 package but that might refer to the broadband rather than the TV package.

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

I ended up on the £7 pack..  Not sure what I get for that..  Should have ordered when I was more awake...

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 13

For me the channels like watch, alibi, gold, Eurosport, nat geo are really worth it, especially  the ones in HD. You can change bolt on's on a month to month basis but the TV package is more awkward so I think you have done the right thing.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 10 of 13

I agree the HD extra bolt on is good and well woth the extra £3 a month.

I have been on the TV entertanment just under a month now. After upgrading from TV unlimited and I love some of the extra channels. I never tane the Sky movies bolt or the kids bolt on but I have all the other bolt ons and my retail Youview box works fine in my bedroom and I got the old style BT Youview box that they sent me in the living room.

Darren

0 Ratings