cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 24

Re: BTvision box not supported by BT

Sky Movies has only just become available on BT Youview boxes. Has never been available on BT Player via retail boxes before.

Don't forget to get the bolt ons you need to have signed up to at least a 12 month contract for BT TV. With Player you can cancel at any time. So if they are selling bolt ons cheaply as a way of getting new subscribers it's not much benefit to sell them to Player only customers. That probably doesn't apply to Sky Movies which clearly isn't being sold cheap.

I'm happy with my retail box, PAYG Player & BT sport at present.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 24

Yes, by historic I meant the last 3 months. Smiley LOL

mmm ... If you look at the legal stuff on the BT Player Essential page it now says the following.

"BT Player Essential £5 a month. You'll need to order your service on bt.com and pay by Direct Debit. All Box Office and On Demand content is available on a pay-per-view basis. 12 month minimum term. If you cease your contract within 12 months, you'll be charged £3 for every remaining month left in your contract. £35 activation charge for new customers. Subject to availability. Terms apply."

So have they moved the goal posts about it being a 1 month or 12 month minimum contract? Did it used to require the activation fee? To be honest I wouldn't really trust what that web page says after the experience people have reported when phoning the suggested number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 24

What you quote from the web page  is I believe consistent with the current tariff guide.  The 1 month player option I think disappeared last summer requiring a years's commitment  and the activation charge was certainly in place by the autumn - I think the Unlimited Player package option  disappeared when BT decided to ditch it in favour of the Entertainment package with bolt ons which they don't offer on the retail boxes. Of course there will be people out there  with pre-existing 1 month player and 12  month Player unlimited packages.

Realiy it is currently a no-brainer if you want BT TV services and you already have a retail box - you opt to take out a package from Bt that includes a box - so you have two. You can always sell one or continue to use it alongside your new (BT)  one.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 24

I think BT are missing a huge trick here 

I must admit I can't understand why people would pay £16 for Sky Movies via BT on 12 month contract when you can get via NowTV on the same box for £9 and without contract.

BT should lower the price a bit, make it 30 days, then make available for all BT Youview users whether or not they purchased the box via BT or not.

0 Ratings