cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hcanni819
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Baffled by Youview box TV compatibility?

Hey all

I just received my YouView yesterday as a new BT member, and when connected to my main TV (32" Acer HD) the display and sound is jumpy and is very hard to watch - it is the same in the EPG and Settings menu. However, when I connect it to another TV i have in the house, its absolutely fine.. 

I have never had a problem with the display on my main TV in the past (I previously had Virgin Media, and play Xbox360 through it and there is no issue.)  

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? The HDMI Cable is obviously fine as it's being used with my other TV, and the HDMI port is fine as I play Xbox through it without a problem... I'm absolutely stumped by this to be honest and I don't want to buy a new TV yet!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Baffled by Youview box TV compatibility?

Go into the Youview settings and look for a setting with something related to 1080i, 1080p etc. Change them to either 720p or 1080p and then 720i and so on. Kepp going until you find that it works.

0 Ratings
hcanni819
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Made no difference I'm afraid, tried on all 3 settings (720p, 1080i and 1080p)

Any other ideas?

0 Ratings
hcanni819
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Anymore ideas??

0 Ratings
hcanni819
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

This is ridiculous, still having this problem. Surely someone has a solution?!
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

As the Youview box is fine on another TV it would suggest it's the Acer that has the compatibility problem. Is it a computer display rather than a 'TV'?
0 Ratings
hcanni819
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

No it is both TVs, the Acer is an older TV (doesn't support 1080p) but the newer one does. I have changed the HDMI Output settings and set to 1080i/720p to see it that helped but it didn't.
0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

It could be the location/situation of the leads supplying the TV.

It may be interference affecting the HDMI lead, try keeping the HDMI lead separate from all other electrical leads, power, Cat 5, other HDMI/Scart leads and then try again.

Also try another HDMI lead

0 Ratings
hcanni819
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Hi, thanks for the reply.

As I said above, using the exact same setup with another TV the display is absolutely fine. I have tried 3 different HDMI Cables, and the display on the TV is fine with other sources such as Xbox and Virgin where i previously lived.

0 Ratings