Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelf
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Benefits of a TV Subscription

Hi

I'm just wondering if someone can explain the benefits of a continuing BT TV subscription once you have completed your initial 12 month contract?

It used to be that we got some programs on advert-free catch-up and also some free films. None of this is supplied now, the only catch-up is that provided by the likes of ITV player and all4. The films and box-sets are now all paid items.

The box will belong to me and of course I appreciate if the box packs up I'd have to buy a new one, but as long as I have a BT broadband subscription, what am I actually missing out on?

Any replies would be most helpful.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Benefits of a TV Subscription

1) The extra channels

2) If your on a limited internet package at present youview usage doesn’t count towards it

3) The pleasure of a few extra pounds taken from your account each month

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 3 of 5

If you do have a subscription you can watch much of the subscription channels content catch up on bt player add free.. 

0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

It depends if your broadband is capable of giving you subscription channels.

I took it out a couple of years ago when then recording capable box came with the basic subcription, taking the view that it was a reasonably priced way to replace the dvr which had failed. Once the 12 months was up, I tried to cancel, but was effectively given it free for the next 12 months, after which I cancelled. I'm on an unlimited ADSLmax package, with no access to addtional channels, so I couldn't see the point in paying extra for just a couple of programs that I didn't want on BT catchup, particularly as movie rentals and purchases are generally cheaper on other services.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mikegledholt
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I feel the subscription is worth it because you get your youview box replaced if it breaks down. Over the last 5 years we’ve had 3 new boxes & a few engineer visits. Seems a good deal to me.
0 Ratings