Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 8

Black Friday offer.....but not if you're upgrading

Go to solution

For a brief moment I noticed the BT TV Black Friday deal of 3 months half price tv packages. For that brief moment I thought (after noticing the two butons, "Add TV" & "Switch your tv package") the deal was just right for me. Unfortunately clicking on the "switch" button takes you to a page offering the tv packages at full price. Very disappointing to have that carrot dangled then snatched away seconds later. Needless to say I didn't upgrade 😧

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Black Friday offer.....but not if you're upgrading

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous 

The BT’s system is a mess. I have tried the upgrade button a few times. Some of the times there is no offer and the packages are full price. At the moment though it gives me the Black Friday Deals with 3 month half price.

I think it is hit and miss.

Stew

0 Ratings
TheRealBudski
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Had similar issues a couple of months ago. Ended up calling BT to get the offer. Be prepared to call a couple of times to get someone who doesn’t hide behind ’new customers only’ speech. Also, you might find they can’t give you the exact offer, but discount your next bill with the savings you would make over 3 months as a lump sum. 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

When you say upgrade what is your current tv package? I believe there's history of the offers only being available to first time flexible tv upgrades & not if you're already on flexible tv

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hmmm nice carrot, but only 3 months on a 24 month contract. No thanks. 🙄

stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Hunter2660wrote:

Hmmm nice carrot, but only 3 months on a 24 month contract. No thanks. 🙄

And with two CPI + 3.9% increases baked in. 

Just seen a Black Friday BT Broadband ad on TV as I type this "With 3 months free, why wouldn't you?".

A 2 year contract, two guaranteed price increases and significantly cheaper alternatives with shorter contracts being available is why I wouldn't.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@garybs29wrote:

When you say upgrade what is your current tv package? I believe there's history of the offers only being available to first time flexible tv upgrades & not if you're already on flexible tv

I'm currently on BT Sport with HD/UHD. I've changed a couple of times since I first took out the new flexible packages.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Anonymouswrote:

@garybs29wrote:

I'm currently on BT Sport with HD/UHD. I've changed a couple of times since I first took out the new flexible packages.

Looks like the deals are only available to new customers & those upgrading to flexible tv for the first time then