cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Black Screen on HD playback

I just updated my old DTR-T1000 with a new DTR-T2110 and notice that ANY HD recorded program only play via HDMI and not Scart/phono. I have a cable going to my bedroom via the phone cables and with my DTR-T1000 it would play ANY recorded program and now I Notice that this new DTR-T2110 can only play NON HD content through the phono or scart socket. I've looked in the settings but don't find it. Any help on this ?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Black Screen on HD playback

If it's only HD content that's not playing, it's more than likely down to HDCP (Copy protection) which is relayed by HDMI only. So this would stop the output via a non HDMI connection

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

I think you will find that is the case, as HD content can only be output on HDMI, as it has to have HDCP (Content Protection) enabled.

I seem to remember that the older boxes downscaled the SCART output to SD.

Its to prevent people copying HD content.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the replies so I'm going to have to source and old DTR-T1000 box again :(. Not looking good going forward. Not sure why these new boxes don't just work and downscale the hd content like the old DTR-T1000 did. Not sure who copies stuff from a youview box in 2019 though when its a click away on the net.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

You could always get a extra box subscription, and put the extra box  in  your bedroom.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 9

HDCP is part of the global HDMI standard. It's not just Youview boxes

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thats not my point. My point is the DTR-T1000 can manage to output hd content over the scart port so the DTR-DTR-T2110 is a regression, so not much to do with HDCP over HDMI if the OLD boxes can do it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 9

i've just Googled it and it seems that the DTR-T1000's circum navigated the HDCP in their firmware which allowed it. It looks like a firmware update was issued to fix this and for whatever reason your box didn't get the updated software.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

oh well time to ditch the BT eco system as just by coincidence vodafone have just layed FTH in my city anyway, thanks for all the replies as this used to work on my DTR-T1000 running the last version of the software for that box (29.107.0 / 3.3.160) and now longer does with the newer hardware. As god forbid all those damn pesky people using scart/phono to copy all that lovely HD content thats easy enough to download onto some unknown recording device  I'll change everything at once and save some money as a bonus. OK just noticed that as long as my main tv is on via HDMI which sends back HDCP I can watch HD over the scart port. Seems a bit backwards as that would mean I've defeated the scart copy protection and I'm a genius, stupid artificial limits GRRRRRR

0 Ratings