Did you mean: 
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 7

Box Swap?

Go to solution

Hello Again,

Just a quick question,

Do I have to order a box swap (BT Vision to BT Youview) before BT Infinity is activated or after?

Thanks

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Box Swap?

Go to solution

The BT Vision+ boxes work fine with Infinity so you don't have to swap to a BT Youview+ box unless you want to.

If you want to swap you can change over before or after moving to Infinity it doesn't really matter, but if you do it before you won't be able to order any extra TV services only available over Infinity.

If signing up to a new BT TV contract in order to get a BT Youview+ box for £35 then it often makes sense to actually do it at the same time as ordering BT Infinity so the new contract minimum period start dates line up. Any changes to your TV package would also have the same activation day as Infinity.

So why are you moving to BT Youview+? Are you intending to change your TV package and use extra services?

FuzzyD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, I received a message via my BT Vision box that it would no longer work and there was NO choice but to phone BT and order a new YouView box... I did this and was told that the TV package I had been on was no longer available/the same and I would have to pay a little more in order to have the same package. I agreed as it seemed no other option was available to me.

I since went on holiday - I am now back and began to look through the "Library" on YouView. I am absolutley APPALLED that I now have to pay to watch ANY TV programme in the "Library". This was not the case before - how is this value for money? Paying repeatedly for the same service!!!

Chances are I will be making moves to cancel with BT as I can pay minimal fee to NetFlix and get pretty much the same programmes but NOT have to pay per view.

I am hoping someone will come back to me and tell me I am mistaken and looking in the wrong place - I was assured when I agreed to the YouView box that nothing would be diferent. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!

0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I would check just what the package is called they have put you on FuzzyD.

There is the Film & TV Box Sets pack at £5/month. That pretty much allows you to access the library as before (with the exception of the latest movies at a PPV rate). It may be they have just stuck you on TV Entertainment which doesn't provide library access for free.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

FuzzyD,

Which TV package and extras were you on before? How much per month?

Which TV package and extras have they put you on now? How much per month?

Check your biils, the MyBT web page, or your TV subscriptions via the MyTV 'manage my bolt-ons' link.

Did you take up the offer from BT to swap from a silver BT Vision+ box to a free BT Youview+ box?

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I did order BT TV with BT Infinity together so I already paid the £35 Start up fee.

The reason why I am switching to the Youview box is because my BT Vision box blew up, so I need a new box to record programms on. 

Thanks Again

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I'm still a bit confused as to what you ordered when.

Did you have an active BT TV subscription in place when you recently ordered BT Infinity? If so did you order a change to your existing BT TV package at the same time as ordering Infinity? 

If your box develops a fault (such as blowing up!) whilst still under warranty then normally you should report the fault on 08001114567 and BT would fix or replace it for free.

If you didn't have an active BT TV subscription in place then signing up for a new BT TV subscription would normally mean them also sending you a new BT Youview+ box (or BT Vision+ box if you order Sky Sports). There is normally a £35 activation charge for the new TV service/box.

Note: There is also normally a separate £30 activation fee for Infinity broadband, but BT waive this in some circumstances such as if you go for Infinity 2. It also looks like BT combine the £30 Infinity and £35 TV  activation charges into one £49 activation charge if starting both services at the same time.

0 Ratings