cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Box keeps restarting and losing recordings

Approximately three times in as many weeks I have turned on my 4K recordable box to find it is maintenance mode. Despite selecting a reset option, and to keep recordings once the box finishes setup  I have lost everything recordings wise. There is simply no way the box retains the recordings on there. Obviously this is extremely irritating now as it has happened so often recently and I keep losing my recorded shows. The box works absolutely fine in between time with no funny noises or freezes.
Any idea what is going on here?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Box keeps restarting and losing recordings

@ardenwasp 

Have you tried a full reset?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yep, tried it once and then it all  happened again. Apologies for not posting that I had done that. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Turn the power off for around 30 seconds then turn it on again and listen very carefully for noises coming from within the box (e.g. repeated clicking or whirring noises as the disc tries but fails to spin up to speed and then tries again)

If you hear either then the hard drive is screwed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Good morning. Thank you for your reply.

It all sounds very quiet and none of the sounds you mention are are heard on booting up the box.  In fact it boots up fine, everytime I do it manually, just I frequently find in the morning it’s in maintenance mode and loses everything when resetting with option to keep recordings. 

Message 6 of 7

Hi @ardenwasp and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're losing your recordings. I'm wondering if this is linked to your IPC 6023  issue. We'll need to run a few diagnostics to check this. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I've been having EXACTLY the same issue since November last year.... I have been sent out 2 replacement boxes, and the 3rd Box has just done the same again this morning . This is totally an issue with the boxes of the service. Getting fed up of recordings getting deleted as I have to do factory reset.

I'm not happy also that each time they have sent out a box they have classed it as a new subscription. I seem to have been charged about £3 extra each month since November,  and I was prominsed a refund for missing days of service.

Last time I raised a complaint and someone phones while I was in work and I couldn't answer. They left a message saying they'd try again. The say after I got an email saying my complaint had been closed.

Getting properly fed up now and debating moving alsewhere as I'm not getting the service I require.

I'll let you know if by any miracle I get a solution. Before I end up leaving BT 🙄

0 Ratings