cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesthegreat
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Brand new youview box - nothing working...

Go to solution

Upgraded to Infinity this morning. Phones and internet all OK (apart from modem and router now in master bedroom, not study...different issue - Grrrr!)

Connected youview box with HDMI cable - switched on Youview box - orange light -> blue ...TV blank   connected scart cable - TV still blank....switched everything off/on - no lights at all on youview box - changed fuse in plug, still nothing. Have now disconnected youview box. Thinking of canx the whole order...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Brand new youview box - nothing working...

Go to solution

Hi Jamesthegreat,

Sorry to hear that your YouView box isn't working following you signing up to BT Infinity. I would like to look into this for you. Please could you send me in your details using the link found in the "About Me" section of my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Bungle360
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi

I have a similar issue.

I am new to BT after being with Sky for 12 years. I connected the You View box successfully on 20th Feb. On the 28th Feb, whilst watching a "live" programme the picture froze but the sound continued. Holding the "blue" button down did not switch the box off and I had to power it off at the back. I did the same - checked the fuse, rebooted broadband etc. The box has power - the Ethernet lights are on, but no lights on elsewhere for 4 days. I have now reset everything again and the blue light has come on and the box says please wait - it has done for over an hour now.

The frustrating thing is I have used the box for a week and now am told I have to take time of work and wait nearly 3 weeks to get a faulty box replaced. Why won't you just send a replacement. This is appalling customer service.

Very disappointed!

0 Ratings
jamesthegreat
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just to say that the engineer's visit (punctual, and prior 'phone call) diagnosed a power supply problem on the original box. New one installed in less than 15 minutes, and set up,  everything's working fine. Thanks.

0 Ratings