cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Britbox on Youview - never returns to where I left it

Just started using Britbox on my Youview box but it appears to be a very poor UI, particularly in terms of leaving breadcrumbs to return to when you revisit. It always comes back at least two episodes behind what I am watching. Anyone else experience this? Or have feedback on the clunky UI.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Britbox on Youview - never returns to where I left it

General feedback of the Britbox app on all formats isn't very good. 

Contributor
Message 3 of 7

absolutely! It seems a very shabby organisation given they dont support Roku, dont seem to be bothered etc
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 7

I don't think Britbox know what to do tbh. They've got 1.5 million subscribers in the USA and Canada but their take up rate in the UK after the 1 month trial is only 1.5% which is shocking. Also, a lot of their content is available on other platforms because BBC Worldwide sell to everyone who wants their content. 

Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I raised this very issue with Britbox. To their credit, I got a response very quickly. However 'we know, and we are working on it' isn't really that great, I think we can all agree. This was probably two months ago now.

Contributor
Message 6 of 7

thats an amazingly low take up, you wonder if its sustainable. I guess US sales help. I'm enjoying it for the back catalogue of Dr Who, Young Ones and Bergerac but I am not sure what I will watch when I am through that lot. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

it does beggar belief they dont run on the Roku stick, they are literally cutting out potential markets. Can the development really be that different to other streaming services?

0 Ratings