I've had my youview box and hub 5 for over a year now. Been working OK'ish. Yesterday, out of the blue, the Youview box stops working and keeps giving an error that it's the broadband connection is unavailable. However, the broadband is working fine (I am using it to post this message)
Things I've tried to no avail:
- change cable that goes from HUB to YouView box with a cable that 100% works
- reset hub
- reset YV box
- Reset to factory settings the YV box
- completely switch off everything and switch back on
- plug cable in different slots on the hub/box
- manual connection from YV box settings
Any ideas how to proceed? I am dreading having to deal with BT support again...
Couple of questions
which Youview box model is it ? device information under settings will give you the info if you are not sure.
when you mention trying a manual connection - is this using the Youview Settings > Broadband Connection > Edit Connection
is the box connecting ting and then losing connection or never connecting ?
have you tried connecting with no other devices connected to your hub ?
Was it a full factory reset of the home hub that you did (recessed button), or did you just press the restart button?